Thursday 7 March 2013

Evaluation - Question 3





What have you learned from your audience feedback?

Feedback is a key factor in being able to understand my target audience as well as developing my products in order to appeal to them. My target audience both male and female ages 18-40. This is because of the style of music and how the majority of the target audience will have lived through the Britpop era.
I received feedback for all three of my products. I generated the feedback in a number of different ways, using video interviews, polls, surveys and discussions. The people I interviewed include; the band, the target audience and the teachers.
I asked for feedback on the different drafts of my video throughout the production phase of my music video. This helped me continuously improve my product. After three drafts, I had created a completed version using the feedback I had received. The feedback I was given included comments such as using different shots, filters and designs.
During the editing process, I used a number of different colour correction filters, which turned out to be one of the key factors in the overall look of my video. After using over five filters, I narrowed it down to my two favourite and rendered the music video out in two versions, each one with the chosen filters. I then asked a group of people to analyse the videos and select which version they found most appealing.
I then took this feedback into account and used the most popular filter. I then created a side-by-side video comparing the video with and without the colour correction filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment